Wednesday 3 March 2010

Delicious, Thing 9

I have signed up to Delicious and added the various websites I use for 23 Things, as well as book supplier websites that I use for work. I've also added a Delicious gadget to my iGoogle page and will experiment with using this instead of the Bookmarking gadget I was using.
My delicious page is at:
http://delicious.com/ann.domoney

I've been trying to push SOLO records to delicious as I thought that might be a good way to create online reading lists, but every time I do it I just get an error message from delicious :(

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ann,
    I think the reason this is not working for you is that Delicious can only bookmark true web pages - that is, ones with a persistent URL.
    When you see a page of results in SOLO, the web page you're viewing is not persistent - it was constructed especially for you from elements retrieved using the search function, and this is why Delicious can't bookmark it. Note how the URL contains phrases such as =search and =true.
    To save records on SOLO, log in with your SSO account and add the records to your e-Shelf. You can find out more about SSO here: http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/registration/oxford/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was supposed to be possible to save records to delicious from SOLO though? It's one of the export options at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both for your comments. I wasn't trying to save a page of results, but an individual item. When you go to the details for an item there is a box which says "Select how to Save", and a drop down menu, for which one of the options is "Push to delicious". Hence, I thought this ought to be possible but it doesn't seem to work.

    ReplyDelete